By Clothilde Deneve, Sales Director, Shire Oak International –
Vietnam is one of the fastest growing economy in the world, but the country is also one the most vulnerable to climate change. We, at Shire Oak, want to support Vietnam in his development, but making sure the people of Vietnam are not paying an unforeseen price in the future.
We believe it is possible for the country to grow without doing unrepairable damages to the fantastic environment that it was blessed with, and we believe that by doing so, Vietnam will set a great example and lead the way for more countries to follow.
Sustainability means living without depleting our natural resources and making sure that we don’t prevent future generation from meeting their own needs, both socially and environmentally.
At Shire Oak we don’t only want to limit the impact, we also want to have a positive impact, showing that a different path is possible and raising awareness:
Our missions are to help organizations
- to achieve net-zero emissions,
- show that a cleaner manufacturing industry is possible, and
- provide a reliable investment platform for energy transition investors – showing that finance and sustainability are not antinomic.
On top of our core activities with private companies, Shire Oak is working in partnership with many organization, NGOs, schools and universities, in order to achieve the positive impact we wish to have in Vietnam:
For example, we co-organize and animate workshops with schools and universities to educate people about Renewable Energy, and we put 1% of our turnover into biodiversity initiatives to safeguard our planet.
About Shire Oak International:
Shire Oak Energy is a UK developer of projects in Renewable Energy. Shire Oak International was founded in 2017 in response to two very different reports on Vietnam.
- The first was a bleak report from the International Energy Agency (IEA) which said that Vietnam would become the fourth biggest emitter of carbon dioxide by 2030 given the fast growth in manufacturing that it was experiencing and its plan to power that growth with coal fired power stations.
- The second report by the Worldwide Fund for Nature said Vietnam had a golden opportunity to leapfrog other nations and move straight to green power without any further coal power station investment.
Our vision is to accelerate the global transition to renewable energy solutions including tidal, solar and wind energy.
In our international business, we are building a company whose purpose is to offer 100% renewable energy to factories and corporations who want green power.
We focus on emerging economies that still have plans to build coal-fired power stations.
Our vision is to achieve all these ambitions with a team of brilliant, driven people who want to live a life of purpose.
In Vietnam we develop PV system for factory rooftops.
Our model is we build solar on large factory rooftops at no cost to the factory and then sell power back to the factory at under what EVN (the Vietnames power company) charges.
We manage operations and maintenance and look to enter into long term contracts with factories. At the end of the contract we transfer the ownership of the system the factories for 1$.
Factories save money on their energy cost and reduce their carbon emissions.
We look forward to sharing opportunities and challenges of moving to a renewable future with a series of articles on Sustainable Vietnam.
To read the published articles – head to:
- Shire Oak International on Sustainable Vietnam – Renewable Energy in Vietnam
- Shire Oak International on Sustainable Vietnam – How Sustainable is Solar?
- Shire Oak International on Sustainable Vietnam – Recycling Solar Panels
- Shire Oak International on Sustainable Vietnam – Can Renewable Energy Replace Fossil Fuels?
All views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the individual authors and comments on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual contributor.