In his words –
A ‘Sustainable Vietnam’ is important as sustainability is key to Vietnam’s future. It’s critical that we know that what we build today will serve our children tomorrow.
I want to know that the world is in better shape for my time here and that is why I work together with others on sustainability, community and impact.
I am just one person, but I know that what I do matters.
If we all do our part, we can create the world that we all want to live in.
About Michael Brosowski
Michael Brosowski AM spent his childhood between suburban Sydney and the rural outback before becoming a high school English and ESL teacher.
Inspired by a visit to Vietnam, Michael moved to Ho Chi Minh City in 2002, and shortly after to Hanoi, where he met street children who were desperate for a chance at education and employment.
In conjunction with Vietnamese colleagues, Michael started Blue Dragon Children’s Foundation, which is working toward the end of human trafficking in Vietnam, and the care of every street child.
To date, Blue Dragon has:
- Rescued 902 people from trafficking
- Represented 86 people in court cases
- Sent 5,030 kids back to school & training
- Provided shelter to 828 girls & boys
- Placed 300 teens in jobs
- Served 546,328 meals
- Built 107 homes for families
- Reunited 542 runaways with their families
- Obtained legal papers for 13,141 people
- Played 2,787 games of soccer!
For more information: https://www.bluedragon.org
To read his insights: